The public service commission is established under Article 233 of the constitution. The mandate of the commission is set out in article 234,235(3)(a), 158(2)(3) and (4) ,171(2) and 230(2) (b) of the constitution of Kenya. It entails provision of competent human resource ,promotion of good governance and ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in the provision of quality services in the public service as underpinned in Article 232
The commission uses promotional examinations as a tool in human resource management as stipulated in section 51 of the public service commission act ,2017.Regulation 34(2) of the public commission regulation 2020 provides that examinations administered by the commission shall be designed to achieve merit as the basis of appointment and promotions in the public service .
The commission therefore seeks application from examiners in the following subject areas;
OBJECTIVE OF ENGAGEMENT
The overall objective of the engagement is to undertake a capacity building program in test development and marking of promotional examinations administered by the public service commission including;
i. The proficiency examinations for clerical officers
ii. Administrative officers examination
iii. The assistant legal metrology officers examination parts I and II
Detailed terms of reference and other terms of engagement will be provided to successful applicants.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR ENGAGEMENT AS AN EXAMINER
Applicants will be required to meet the following minimum requirements;
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject area;
- Professional Qualification in relevant subject areas of interest where applicable;
- At least six years’ experience in processional practice, research or training .
- Evidence of having worked as a contracted professional in other examination bodies will be an added advantage
Other requirements that successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate include:
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity
- Ability to work within strict timelines as shall be specified by the Commission and
- Ability to maintain security, confidentiality and integrity of the examination process on engagement
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Applicants should apply for not more than two (2) subject areas in order of priority and expertise.
- The areas selected should ideally be in the same subject cluster
- The application should be in soft copy pdf format and not more than three (3) pages
- Only persons who have never been trained by the Public Service Commission as a test developer or an examiner should apply.
Application to be addressed to the following address
Public Service Commission
P.O BOX 30095-00100
Not later than 22th July 2022.